Richard P. Weiss
To provide clients with dynamic and highly-polished essays and resume-based material to bolster their marketability and provide opportunities for
2007 -- Present US Postal Service Philadelphia, PA
Business Service Network Representative
- Service the needs of managed business accounts.
- Provide prompt, accurate, and timely answers, support, advice, and guidance to remedy concerns and inquiries posed by business customers.
- Act as the voice of business customers, to interface with functional areas in order to resolve inquiries, investigate and research mail tracking
problems, box and caller service inquiries, mailing queries, address management system discrepancies, forwarding issues, permit and
licensing inquiries, and a myriad of other product and service concerns.
- Network with other functional areas to research and retrieve the most accurate and timely information to best resolve customer requests.
- Review Electronic Customer Care (eCC) cases, perform eCC audits, as well as driver and walking observations.
- Meet on site with clients to better grasp their product and service needs and offer solutions.
- Offer assistance to customers in order to avert issues before they arise, and work toward retaining customers to preserve postal revenue.
2005 – Present Postal eCareer Writing Services Philadelphia, PA
Founder and Owner
- Implement extensive writing expertise, utilizing over 30 years of experience with the US Postal Service, to write and design professional job
applications and essays that showcase the talents of Postal professionals seeking career advancement.
- Interview clients to draw from their experiences to develop and write concise, powerful essays that address each of their KSAs (knowledge,
skills and abilities) to best market their abilities to maximize their chances of securing higher level positions.
- Designed and wrote the PostaleCareer.com website (formerly Postal991.com), an online marketing tool that draws a continual client base and
provides Postal eCareer Writing Services with national recognition as the leading writing service for Postal employees.
2007 -- Present US Postal Service Philadelphia, PA
Facilitative Sales and Services Associate Instructor
- Provide both classroom and on-the-job instruction, on an as needed basis, for Sales and Services Associate students.
- Plan, organize and direct the one-week Sales and Services Associate Academy training course.
- Instruct students about mail classifications, postal directives and goals, HAZMAT procedures, and postal products and services.
- Lead students through complete and thorough customer service transactions, providing information on effective POS usage and directives.
2003 – Present US Postal Service Philadelphia, PA
- Sell shipping products, services and supplies; provide information to customers regarding mail preparation, addressing, content standards,
delivery speed, tracking, insurance, domestic and international mail regulations.
- Offer mailers advice about rates, surcharges, postal money orders, P.O. Box service, Every Door Direct Mail for Retail (EDDM), and alternative
- Act as liaison between customers and the U.S. Department of State to verify identity and citizenship to secure customers’ passport applications.
- Write articles and training literature pertaining to postal products, services, and mailing regulations.
2005 – 2014 Northeast Times Philadelphia, PA
- Author articles that both entertain and inform readers who reside throughout the Philadelphia metropolitan area (circulation: 118,000).
1997 – 2003 US Postal Service Philadelphia, PA
Accounting Technician/Writer and Editor, Accounting Operations
- Founded and edited, wrote and researched articles for the USPS Financial Focus, a publication that circulated vital financial information to
postal employees throughout the Philadelphia District. Authored articles in a number of other postal publications.
- Contributed toward the Philadelphia District Accounting office’s goals in efficiency, leading to an Accounting Performance Indicator (API) score
of 98.2%, the highest rating in the country (out of 85 districts nationwide).
- Protected Postal Revenue in excess of $40 million per year.
- Tracked postage meter settings on both remote and manually set meters.
- Monitored and secured revenue on commercial and government mailing accounts.
- Utilized Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer, and LAN based NetWare to access NMATS, OMAS, and RCU programs to track revenue,
maintain records, and write articles and business correspondence.
1993 – 1997 US Postal Service Philadelphia, PA
Bulk Mail Technician, Business Mail Entry
- Protected Postal Revenue on bulk rate and automation rate mailings.
- Saved the U.S. Postal Service millions of dollars in potentially lost revenue.
- Initiated a presort verification program at the US Treasury, saving the Postal Service over $400,000 per week.
- Authored training material used to train Postal employees and business customers.
Parents Without Partners Greater Northeast Chapter #582, Philadelphia, PA
1998 – 2000 Chapter President
1997 – 1998 Newsletter Editor
- Ran, organized, planned functions and guided the Board of Directors in running the Philadelphia chapter of Parents Without Partners.
- Spoke at Regional and Zone level conventions. Authored pamphlets used in workshop presentations that included training regarding newsletter
preparation, non-profit mail regulations, bulk rate mail preparation, and Internet access.
- Created and wrote the chapter website for promotional and informational purposes. Wrote, edited, and published Lifeline, the monthly chapter
newsletter. Saved PWP over $9000 in mailing costs.
Eastern Area Update, United States Postal Service area magazine
- Revenue Assurance – Don’t Overlook Invalid Postage
- Counterfeit Money Orders Have A New Disguise
- Looking at the Competition
- An American Institution
PostalMag.com, Online News for Postal Employees, www.postalmag.com/refdesk.htm
- Priority Mail Commercial Plus Cubic Pricing (Postalmag.com blog, August 25, 2015)
- Every Door Direct Mail (EDDM) for Retail
- Invalid Affixed Postage
- Shape, Size, and the Nonmachinable Surcharge
- New Postal Rates Shape Up
- Counterfeit and Raised Postal Money Orders
- The Postal Service Delivers -- and More
- The Postal Service's New Automated Postal Center
- Saving Money is Just a Mailing Away
The American Postal Worker Magazine
The Philadelphia Postal Worker
- Stand Up For Your Right to Sit Down
- September 11, Not Just Another Day at the Post Office
- Fox TV Not So Sly
USPS The Philadelphia Safety Fox, Founder/Writer, January 2007 – April 2010
Based out of Fox Chase Station, Philadelphia, PA. Authored articles and other information regarding safety and health issues within the workplace.
Fox Chase Station received recognition as a VPP Star Work Site by OSHA in November 2008.
USPS Financial Focus, Founder/Editor and Photographer, Quarterly, September 2001 – January 2003
Based out of Accounting Operations, Philadelphia District. Wrote informational articles designed to bolster efficiency and interaction between the
Philadelphia finance office and over 150 associate and city offices. Philadelphia Accounting was rated #1 in the country, out of 85 districts, in both
AP 1 and 4, 2003 .
Northeast Times, a Philadelphia area newspaper (circulation: 118,000)
- Fox Chase Post Office Honored By OSHA
- Fox Chase Post Office Recognized By OSHA
- Chickens in our Schools
- Cell Phones Near Gas Pumps Spark Concerns
- Over Jedi-Knight Delivery
- Parents Without Partners Saved My Life
- Life Before the Internet? How Primitive!
- Counterfeit Money Orders Look so Real
- Don’t fear colonoscopy… it could be a lifesaver
- Space exploration must continue
- The Essence of Dr. King
- Postal Service Stands Proud
The Single Parent Magazine, also online at parentswithoutpartners.org, Visiting Authors
- The Internet Takes a "Byte" Out of PWP
- Has Anyone Seen the DJ?
- Parents Without Partners Saved my Life
Bloomfield Bank Web Site
- Fraud Alert – Counterfeit and Raised Postal Money Orders: http://www.bloombank.com/alert/usps.html
Other articles and information:
- PostaleCareer.com website (Founder/Web Designer and Writer)
- USPS News Online Intranet corporate website (National)
- USPS Everybody’s Business, Bulk Biz, and SSA Today newsletters
- Presort.com Direct Mail Marketing
- Parents Without Partners (PWP) Lifeline newsletter (Editor)
- Pinnacle Bank website (and subsidiaries)
- Editorial letters have been published in the Philadelphia Metro, the Philadelphia Inquirer, the Philadelphia Daily News, the Northeast Times, and
the Philadelphia Bulletin.
The Metamorphosis of Timothy Dunn, YA Science Fiction. More information at richardpweiss.com.
- Available through Amazon.com, BarnesandNoble.com, Smashwords.com, or by direct download to computers and eReaders.
1977 – 1981 Pennsylvania State University State College, PA
- Bachelor of Arts, Broadcast Communications, 1981
Return to Postal eCareer